61 Key Performance Controller.
Start with the heritage of the venerable PC3, add KORE 64™ and the Artis® German D Grand Piano and you have the powerhouse, PC3A.
German D Grand Exp Overview
The German D Grand Exp ROM option injects the acclaimed PC3K* with all new acoustic piano samples derived from the Artis® Stage Piano series.
• Expertly sampled and voiced by our industry- leading sound designers.
• 31 new piano programs and 16 Setups.
• Installing the German D Grand EXP replaces the original 128 MB PC3K flash memory board that ships with the PC3K. You will not be able to use user sample data while the German D Grand EXP is installed (please see the "German D Grand Exp Installation Instructions" for complete details).
• *Not for the PC3 or PC3LE series.
KORE 64 Overview
The KORE 64™ ROM option represents a complete expansion and reimagining of the PC3 and PC3K's sonic potential (not for the PC3LE). Pushing the limits of V.A.S.T. synthesis for both realistic and experimental electronic sounds, KORE 64™ adds over 300 new programs, including stunning new Synths, Electric Guitars, Horns, Drums and Percussion. With KORE 64™ installed, the PC3/K built-in program library now totals over 1400 presets!
• 50 new setups featuring the KORE 64™ sounds.
• Over 200 new drum grooves in multiple styles.
• New Dance and Hip Hop setups for triggering and controlling beats in real time.
• New samples modelled after the Oberheim SEM, ARP Chroma, TX802, CZ1, and dozens of legacy waveforms from the K series.
• Over 100 new synth programs.
• Sounds for popular electronic music styles like House, Trance, Dub step, Drum&Bass, Glitch, Electro Hip Hop, and more.
• More real time controls, beat-synced modulations and envelope control transform sounds without hitting the edit button.
• Atmospheric and cycling pads voiced for performing, producing, and scoring.
• New samples modelled after the Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster.
• Palm muted and sustained articulations playable in a picked or legato style.
• Instant-shredder arpeggiator patterns, whammy bar effects, and realistic feedback emulations.
• Preset sounds from Rock, Country, Rock-a-Billy, Metal, Funk, and more.
• New alto sax, tenor sax, baritone sax, trumpet, and trombone samples.
• New programs include solo instruments and custom sections with many combinations of the different instruments.
• Articulate with pressure on several new programs.
• Sections cover styles from Big Band, Soul, Funk, Latin, R&B, Hip Hop, Rock and more.
• Drums from Yamaha, Ludwig, Pearl, DW, Rogers, and Gretsch recorded as full kits.
• Full cymbal arrays recorded with Zildjian, Paiste, and Sabian cymbals.
• 72 new Drum Kits and 62 percussion instruments and templates.
• 10 times the samples and 30 times the data of the existing PC3/PC3K Drums.
• All drum kits have mixer functioning on the sliders to change the level the kick, snare, toms, hats, and percussion independently.
• Unsurpassed realism and playability for sampled drums.
• Full complement of Electronic and Processed Drum samples.
• Scratches, hits and Industrial Sounds.
• Wide variety of traditional and processed Percussion sounds.
KB3 ToneReal™ Organs
Modelled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars.
1300+ Factory Programs!
A wealth of sounds from classic to modern. A serious collection starting with the Artis® German 9' Grand Piano, PC3 Series Vintage Electric Pianos, Clavinets, Synthesisers, rich and realistic String Sections and Orchestras, Guitars, Percussion and much more.
Powerful FX Engine
Hundreds of award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more available at your finger tips. Global Master EQ and Multi-band Compressor built-in.
Setup Mode = Control Central
Layer and split combinations to inspire. Setups give you the tools to take command of your live performances, featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, controller assignments, trigger-able pattern-based "Riffs" and 16 arpeggiators!
29! Programmable Physical Controllers
9 Sliders, 10 Switches, 2 Wheels, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input, 3 Switch Pedal Inputs, 2 Continuous Control Pedal Input.
(1 sustain/switch pedal is included).
Organise and bookmark your sound catalog as needed. Recall selections with one button press.
Easy Access Transpose Buttons
Convenient -/+ controls located right on-screen.
USB Plug 'n Play
Saving, loading, OS updates and MIDI functionality are all made easy on the PC3A with both on-board USB Host and Device ports.
Get deeper into editing your PC3A Programs, Setups and Effects!
Keyboard: 61-note lightly-weighted synth action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys. (Fatar TP9)
Display: 240 x 64 angled, backlit CCFL w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel).
Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs
and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
Sound ROM Expansion Slots: Includes KORE 64™ and the German D Grand EXP Piano built-in.
Desktop Editor: Mac and PC platforms
Factory Presets: 1453 Stunning Factory Presets.
Factory MIDI Setups: 216 factory programmed MIDI setups - featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, independent controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings.
-PC3K: All objects except samples.
-PC3LE: All objects.
-K2 Series: The majority of Setups, Programs, and Key maps (no sample loading; see the manual for details).
General MIDI: Standard.
User Memory: 16,000 locations for user objects.
Sequencer: Unlimited tracks (on import); 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantise, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
Effects: 16 insert effects distributed over 11 busses, two auxiliary sends and two Master Effects (saved with each song and setup); featuring hundreds of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
Master FX Section: User controllable master EQ section and master compressor for quick adjustments during live performance or putting the final touches on your studio mix. (These do not use up the insert effect resources.)
Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 10 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program.
Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
Riffs: 16 unique "Riff" generators, used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller.
Analog Outputs: Four 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs).
Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output.
24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192-kHz
MIDI: In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
USB Computer Port: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3A to load/save data directly to and from a Mac/PC as well as perform OS updates.
USB Storage Port: Supports USB thumb-drives for loading/saving user data as well as performing OS updates.
FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via direct-USB or thumb-drive.
Included Accessories: Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable, (4) self adhesive feet.
Height: (4.84") (12.30 cm)
Depth: (13.98") (35.50 cm)
Length: (39.37") (100 cm)
Weight: (30.86 lb.) (14.00 kg)
Internal AC power supply.
Selectable 120/240V AC operation.